SUARA WARGA PERAK

Friday, March 6, 2009

State Legal Adviser acting on behalf of the Speaker?

I was in my political office this morning when I got a call from the Secretary of the State Legal Adviser (LA) asking me to arrange for Speaker Siva Kumar to meet LA. I told her why she was getting in touch with me and not Speaker directly? Apparently Speakers secretary Bawani had when asked by the LA’s office today asked them to enquire from me.
I told the LA’s secretary that Siva Kumar is on leave and in any way I am no keeper of his appointments.
How can the LA purport to act on behalf of the Speaker when he has no authority?

I further reiterated that I being a lawyer it would be more appropriate for LA himself to speak to me. Told her to convey the message to LA. But no news from LA yet.

No comments: